It is important to know that Effat University, in its current fourth strategic plan (2017-2022), has embarked on a journey towards achieving excellence in intellectual contribution. The Deanship of Quality Assurance (DQA) fully supports this aspiration by fostering a culture of excellence in research that impacts learning, teaching and the wider community at large. In the last five years, this strong culture of excellence was reflected through the acquisition of national and international accreditation. Concerning national accreditation, Effat University achieved full-accreditation up to 2024, and 11 of its 13 bachelor programs achieved full accreditation up to 2020 (IS and ECE), 2022 (Effat College of Business) and 2024 (E&T, PSY, CS and ARCH). Concerning international accreditation, the College of Engineering achieved ABET accreditation up to 2023.
Effat University also entered the QS Arab Ranking and was ranked as 81-90. In addition, the university’s distinct level of quality management has led it to win the prestigious King Abdul Aziz Award for Quality.
With stronger roots based in its Core Values and with a desire to innovate and excel nationally and internationally, Effat University aspires in the coming few years to achieve its educational goals, obtain international accreditation for the institution and programs, improve its ranking status and increase the quantity and quality of its research contributions. Thus, the university hopes to achieve higher levels of excellence for the ultimate aim of supporting its students, graduates, and faculty make a distinct mark on their own societies.
We are all proud to be part of this dynamic and quality-craving institution!
Dr. Eman Mohamed
Dean of Quality Assurance
To be instrumental in improving the learning and work experience of Effat community by propelling all academic and administrative units towards attaining international levels of performance to help Effat University have local, regional and international societal impact and recognition.
The mission of the Deanship of Quality Assurance is to enhance the value of work and learning experience at Effat University through the culture of excellence and continuous quality improvement, and to support all academic and administrative units through its Quality Assurance System to achieve national, regional and international accreditation and ranking.
- Assuring the adherence of the university to quality standards, processes and measures for achieving national and international accreditation and recognition and celebrating the successes of the university in attaining and maintaining these national and international accreditations and ranking to enhance its presence, impact and effectiveness,
- Refining and automating the quality assurance system to simplify and enhance the processes of quality reporting and institutional research as the backbone for the decision-making and continuous quality improvement processes across the university, and ensuring the collaboration among units in implementing this system.
- Enlarging the scope of national and international accreditations and aspire to achieve the goals of the Saudi transformational plan 2020 in getting Effat University ranked as one of the 5 Saudi Universities among the top 200 institutions in the world.
- Assuring the quality of the standards, processes and measures used by the academic programs and colleges for students' development, achievement and diversity to ensure that they match national and international requirements.
- Assuring the quality of the standards, processes and measures used for attracting, admitting, retaining and developing diverse and capable students to ensure that they match national and international requirements.
- Assuring the quality of the standards, processes and measures used to maintain the adequacy of learning and information resources and services offered to Effat Community and the outside community to ensure that they match national and international requirements.
- Assuring the quality of the standards, processes and measures used to evaluate the quality of campus facilities, IT support and general services, to ensure that they match national and international requirements.
- Optimizing the management of the budget of the Deanship of Quality Assurance and helping in diversifying the university's sources of income by offering quality assurance consultancy services to other institutions.
- Assuring the quality of the standards, processes and measures implemented by the Management of Human Resources to enhance the university staffing profile, work conditions, orientations and professional development to ensure that they match national and international requirements, and enhance the effectiveness of the QA training programs offered by internal and external resources to Effat Community.
- Assuring the quality of the standards, processes and measures used for evaluating the quality of research growth in the institution to match national and international requirements.
- Strengthening, activating and expanding relations with professional organizations and academic institutions like MENA AIR and international universities for benchmarking purposes and continuing to assure the quality of the standards, processes and measures used by the institution to enhance its community engagement and presence to match national and international requirements.
Dean of Quality Assurance
The Deanship has three sub-units – Accreditation Management Unit, Quality Management Unit and Quality Assessment and Institutional Research Unit.
History of Quality Assurance At Effat University
Quality Assurance System
Quality Assurance Manual
The Quailty Assurance Manual was developed strating 2014 and completed in the year 2015. The manual, which is aligned to the 11 national quality standard set by the National Center for Academic Assessment and Accreditation (NCAAA) belonging to the Education Evaluation Commission (EEC) is the document followed by all Effat University Units to ensure the quality of their operations in terms of its inputs, processes and outputs. The Manual is also supported by a number of policies and procedures related to Internal Quality Audits, Accreditation and Re-Accreditation, Institutional Urveys, and Institutional Research, to ensure that the work of the Deanship of Quality Assurance is well-documented and managed.
To get download a copy of the Quality Assurance Manual, please email us on: QADept@effatuniversity.edu.sa