Our flexible programme is designed to allow you to complete it in a way that suits you. If you choose to complete the programme in two semesters, you'll be awarded the Diploma in Arabic as a Foreign Language (once you've completed 36 credit hours).
If you would prefer to complete one level at a time, you must complete 12 credit hours to qualify for the Certificate of Completing Beginners Level Arabic as a Foreign Language (equivalent to CEFR A1), then complete another 12 credit hours to qualify for Certificate of Completing Intermediate Level Arabic as a Foreign Language (equivalent to CEFR A2).
You can then gain the Certificate of Completing Advanced Level Arabic as a Foreign Language (equivalent to CEFR B1) by completing a further 12 credit hours. If you are following a Level Base, you may opt for an intensive program (8 weeks). The total number of credit hours of the Diploma is 36, including 23 lecture hours and 26 practical hours per week. This is a total of 1,470 hours in 30 weeks.
The Arabic as a Foreign Language program
- You can complete the program in two semesters,
- Or you can complete one level at a time.
- The total number of credit hours of the Diploma is 36, including 23 lecture hours and 26 practical hours per week.
- This is a total of 1, 470 hours in 30 weeks
Admission Requirements and Application
- Admission Application.
- Effat Medical Form.
- Gaurdian Consent Letter.
- Copy of a valid passport (front page)
- Arabic Proof (if applicable)
- Arabic Essay, write a short essay about your personal, educational background, and your expectations from a university education (if applicable).
- Work Experience, List any work experience you have had in the past two years, in the order of importance to you. Indicate any connection to your proposed major academic interest (if applicable).
- Honors and Awards, List the high school / community awards or recognitions that you have received, in the order of importance to you. Academic Year – Name and description of award .
- Fall Semester: January 1st
- Spring Semester: May 1st
- Summer Semester: September 1st