Walaa Hassan is an Assistant Professor at GED and Coordinator for the Foreign Language Center Supportive Studies at Effat University. She holds:
- PhD in Linguistics (December 2010). Assiut University, Egypt & MSU, USA
Doctorate co-supervised and awarded through collaborative program administered jointly by both Assiut University and Michigan State University (MSU).
Awarded honors: summa cum laude.
- Diploma in Translation from The American University in Cairo, Egypt
Awarded grade: A.
- MA in Linguistics (February 2006). Assiut University, Egypt
Awarded honors: Excellent in topic.
Before joining Effat University in Nov. 2015, Dr. Hassan worked as:
- Assistant professor of Comparative Linguistics for 5 years at Assiut University, Egypt)
- Assistant Professor of English Language and Linguistics for 6 months at Prince Sattam Ibn Abdulaziz University, KSA.
- A researcher and language consultant for 6 months at MSU, USA.
As a teacher and in addition to my instructional expertise both in linguistics and in ESL (English as a Second Language), I both teach and supervise the instruction of courses in Arabic for non-native speakers.