Our comprehensive Finance Program will provide you with a thorough grounding in the main theories, concepts and tools of corporate finance, investments, financial markets and institutions. With an emphasis on the implications of finance issues from the perspective of individual investors, corporations, financial institutions, and policy makers, it will allow you to go on to contribute to the development of Saudi business culture in a global setting.
The Department of Finance seeks to be recognized as a prestigious institution in providing high quality finance education, innovative research and which prepares competent professionals to lead the fast-changing national and global financial markets.
The Department of Finance is committed to preparing well educated and expertly trained graduates with keen analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills grounded in ethical values, a research driven curriculum, and to incite graduates to become competent professionals and socially responsible citizens able to cope with emerging challenges facing Saudi and global finance markets, economy and management.
Know more about Finance program
- Position the Department of Finance for a leading ranking through quality education, progressive research and community engagement.
- Ensure a positive work environment, professional ethical consideration and participatory decision making and leadership.
- Maintain national and obtain international accreditations and benchmarking while promoting a culture of quality and excellence.
- Prepare students for the increasingly complex challenges of financial markets through innovative problem-solving based teaching styles, and equip them with the necessary skills for national and international professional distinction.
- Attract national and international qualified students, and continue to nurture holistic leadership and entrepreneurial development.
- Expand learning and information resources, optimize the use for academic and research excellence, further develop curriculums and instructional resource materials, and integrated information technologies into the teaching and programs content.
- Expand and optimize Effat’s facilities and resources to support a conducive learning and working environment.
- Secure external research funding, reduce costs, and diversify financial sources.
- Brand the Department of Finance as an employee destination of choice through the recruitment of diverse and competent faculty, ensuring ongoing intellectual and professional development, building skills, competencies and talents for graduate and undergraduate students.
- Increase innovative research activities for faculty, graduate and undergraduate students, with visible socio-economic impact.
- Develop long term linkages with national businesses, enterprises and international community while engaging the business community in the continued improvement of current programs and the development of new educational and research projects.