Our English and Translation Program will provide you with expertise in the main theories, concepts and tools of translation and interpreting studies. It will introduce you to linguistics and literature in a context that will allow you to contribute to the development of our society in a global setting.
The Department of English and Translation aims to be a leading provider of internationally recognized education and a well-known centre for research in Translation, Literature, and Linguistics. We aspire to serve as agents of cultural understanding, innovative scholarship and civic responsibility.
The Department of English and Translation seeks to provide high quality education in accordance with Effat University core values. We are committed to excellence in teaching and learning in a diverse and interdisciplinary environment. Our graduates will be specialists in their respective fields and will excel in creative and critical thinking, cross-cultural competencies, research, and civic responsibility.
Know more about English and Translation program
- Enhance the department's national and international recognition by deepening its impact and contribution to the community.
- Encourage a positive and productive work environment by ensuring effective leadership and transparent governance.
- Maintain national and seek international accreditation and recognition.
- Sustain academic excellence
- Cultivate excellence in student development and attract and retain students who will graduate as specialists in their fields.
- Continue to provide faculty and students with the necessary learning and information resources and optimize the use of these resources.
- Continue to provide students with state-of–the-art labs and other facilities.
- Diversify the sources of income for the department and optimize the use of the budget.
- Substantially increase the professional development of the department staff and attract research oriented faculty.
- Substantially increase faculty and students' research and scholarly output and activities.
- Further develop and strengthen the department's reputation through national and international relations with the communities.