Booking your Online LinguaSkill test date
Step 1: Equipment & Environment Checklist
Please make sure to comply with the following technical requirements:
- Webcam: Required
- Headphones: Required
- Microphone: Required
- PC Users: windows 7 or later
- Mac Users: Not Supported
- Tablet/Mobile: Not Supported
- Internet Download Speed: > 2 Mpbs
- Internet Upload Speed: > 2 Mpbs
- Processor: Min - Pentium III 800 MHz
- Display: Resolution - 1280 x 1024
- RAM: 512 MB
- Hard Disk: 4 GB (free disk space)
- Browser: Chrome, IE, Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player: Version 26 or later
- Adobe Reader: latest version
- Sound Card: Required
Run the ProctorU® System Check from the computer you will use for the test.
Step 2: Please fill in below to register to the Linguaskill Test Online
Step 3: once you have paid the fees to Effat University and have received your test invitation Complete your registration with ProctorU
If your computer and testing room do not meet these requirements, you won’t be able to take the test and refunds are not allowed.
Register for a ProctorU account - (do not proceed to this step until you pay and are verified by Effat University’s Testing Center)
Upon completing your payment and initial registration through Effat university’s testing center, the TC will send you three separate emails through ProctorU to walk you through the scheduling and registration processes of your:
- Test #1: Reading &Listening session
- Test #2: Speaking session
- Test #3: Writing session
The applicant will pay the full amount of all three test session registrations (Reading&Listening, Speaking, and Writing). Applicants are required to schedule each test session of the aforementioned skills individually.
In short, the payment process is one amount that includes all three sessions of the Linguaskill test. The scheduling will be for all three sessions.
For more elaboration, please check the process step-by-step.
Step 4: On the Test day (Taking your Test)
- Log in to your ProctorU account at your appointment time. You will have up to 15 minutes to begin your check-in. If you have not checked-in by that time, your test will be cancelled and your fee will not be refunded.
- Select 'Start Session’.
- Complete the authentication steps, which include showing your ID to the proctor. The name on your ID must match the name on your account.
- The proctor will review the exam rules and request access to your computer screen for monitoring purposes.
- The proctor will ask you to use either a hand-held mirror or mobile phone to show your computer screen.
- The proctor will ask you to use the camera on your computer to show a 360-degree view of the room, including your tabletop surface.
During the test
- Make sure you can be seen on camera by the proctor. Suspicious movements could invalidate your test.
- Do not use any unauthorized materials, including mobile devices, prewritten notes or textbooks.
- Do not communicate with anyone else.
- Dress appropriately — make sure your ears and face remain visible throughout the test; don’t wear jewelry, tie clips or other accessories.
- Clear your computer area of all items not approved for use during your test.
- Have your ID (Passport) ready to show the proctor.
- Log in to your ProctorU account at your appointment time to start your session.
- Complete the check-in steps with the proctor.
Results will be available within 7 days of your test and test score report will be sent to your email address.
Policies and Procedures