The Effat University Preparatory Year for Graduate Programs is designed to serve both the academic and professional industries. It aims to bridge the gap between undergraduate and graduate education and supply industries with well-prepared and highly qualified candidates. This two semesters value-adding academic program provides subject and language preparation for students who want to enter graduate programs (taught and researched) including, but not limited to, engineering-related fields, computers science and information systems, architecture, design, arts, humanities, social sciences, business, or STEM at any university - local or international.
The main objectives of the program are:
To provide students with top-tier and advanced knowledge in their field of specialization;
- To provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge to design and conduct high quality research;
- To prepare student to be outstanding scholars, self-directed and highly disciplined;
- To prepare students to become excellent communicators, which is a skill highly required in different domains which teaching and quality research output are part of;
- To equip students with strong quantitative and analytical skills,
- To develop students’ creativity, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- These objectives are accomplished through the distinctive features of the Program:
- Supervised Research Project
- A very valuable feature of this holistic preparatory Year is the opportunity to carry out a research project of the students’ choice, supervised by a suitable academic and language expert from Effat University.
- The Weekly Cycle and Structure of Classes
- A distinctive feature of the Preparatory Year for graduate programs at Effat University is that language and subject study are integrated: language classes are specific to each subject and classroom activities are designed to help students develop vocabulary, oral and written skills appropriate to the subject.