Associate Editor - Middle East Journal of Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Sustainable Development –
A joint publication of Effat University and World Association of Sustainable Development (WASD) University of Sussex - Brighton (UOB). First issue in final stages.Developed and launched.
- Visiting Research Fellow at Edinburgh Napier University, 2010-to date
- Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Series – Saudi Arabia Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Status, May 2017.
- Female Entrepreneurship Series – Saudi Arabian female Start-ups Status Quo, May 2017.
- Rahatullah, M, K., (2017) Saudi Arabian Female Start-ups Status Quo; International Journal of Entrepreneurship; (Upcoming Issue).
- Rahatullah, M, K., (2017) Succeeding in Challenging Environments - Female Technology Start-ups; Evidence from Saudi Arabia; Case Study; accepted at International Journal of Entrepreneurship (IJE) for publishing.
- Rahatullah, M, K., (2017) Building a case for Crowdfunding Platform for Saudi Arabia, Middle East Journal of Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Development; Vol. 1; Issue 1.
- Rahatullah, M, K., (2017) Saudi Arabian Maps of Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Substantiate Its Existence Evidence of Evolution from 2013 to 2017; Conference Proceedings, USASBE 2017, Advancing Entrepreneurship Teaching and Research; pages 791-816
- Rahatullah, M, K., (2016) Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Evolution Strategy of Saudi Arabia;
8th International Scientific Conference ENTRE 2016 - "Entrepreneurship and Beyond" "Advancing Research in Entrepreneurship in Global Context"
Kraków (Poland), 7-8 April2016. Published in conference monograph titled, Entrepreneurship: Antecedents and Effects.
https://pm.uek.krakow.pl/article/view/1115; ISBN 978-83-65262-08-0.
Conference Proceedings ISBN 978-83-65262-13-4.
- Rahatullah, M, K., (2016) Presentation on Female Start-up Intrinsic subtleties in Saudi Arabia, 18th Annual International Round Table Symposium on Women and Education, Oxford University, Oxford United Kingdom, March 20-23, 2016.
- Rahatullah, M, K., (2014) Role of Trust and Commitment for Successful Entrepreneurial Business Relationships, The International Journal of Knowledge, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Vol. 2, issue 1
- Rahatullah, M. K., (2014); Maternalistic Leadership Approach, Effectiveness Case in Higher Education. Ecch case centre. Teaching Notes Reference no. 813-079-8, Case Reference no. 813-079-1;
- Rahatullah, M, K., (2013) Students' Value Perception on Co-Taught Virtual Courses, (2013) The second WEW Conference, Dubai Colleges of Technology
- Rahatullah M, K., (2013) "Mapping entrepreneurship ecosystem of Saudi Arabia", World Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development, Vol. 9 Issue. 1, pp.28 – 54; DOI (Permanent URL):
- Rahatullah, M. K., (2013); “CARE - Achieving operational success in Entrepreneurial Relationship Businesses" Macrotheme Review, Vol 2, Issue 3 – 2013. ISSN 1848-4735.
- Rahatullah, M. K., (2013); The Franchisee perception of achieving success in Entrepreneurial Businesses; Entrepreneurship Research Journal. Volume 3, Issue 4, Pages 505–525, ISSN (Online) 2157-5665, ISSN (Print) 2194-6175, DOI:
10.1515/erj-2013-0035, July 2013.
- Rahatullah, M, K., (2009) Achieving Competitive Advantage in Hybrid Relationship Businesses; Lambert Publishers – ISBN 978-3-8383-2202-5 (Thesis Published).
- Rahatullah, M, K (2006) Contextual Constituents for Hybrid Relationships Business Development; Napier University Conference Paper at 17th International Conference on Business Research at Edinburgh Napier University.
First / Lead Author Publications
- Rahatullah, M. K., and Raeside, R., (2017) Franchisee Actions Trigger Franchisor Power Strategy Alterations, Journal of International Business and Entrepreneurship Development (JIBED) accepted for 2017 publication.
- Rahatullah, M. K and Sharpe, N., (2017) Saudi Arabian Female Start-ups Challenges and Success Attributes; USASBE 2017, January 19 to 22, 2017, Conference Proceedings
- Rahatullah, M, K., and Baarmah, J, M., (2016) Crowd-funding, Building a case for a platform in Saudi Arabia; Presentation, Conference on Islamic Microfinance and Social Responsibility, Effat University, Jeddah, Spring 2016.
- Rahatullah, M, K., Raeside, R., (2016) Triggering of Power Strategy Variance Due to Conflicts in Entrepreneurial Relationship Businesses, 4th ICIE International Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University, Toronto Canada, from April 27-29, pp. 131-141
- Rahatullah, M. K., and Raeside, R., (2015) Determinants of Entrepreneurial Business Relationship Success; International Journal of Business and Society; Vol 16, No. 1, 2015.
- Rahatullah, M, K., Raeside, R., (2009) The Dynamism of Partner Selection Criteria in Franchising; SAM Advanced Management Journal, (Vol. 74, No. 4 – autumn 2009) ISSN 0749-7075
- Rahatullah, M, K., Raeside, R., (2008) Developing a Model of Franchise Business Relationships; Central Asia Business Journal – ISSN 1991-0002, Vol. 1, No. 1
- Rahatullah, M, K., Raeside, R., (2008) Towards Operational Excellence in Franchising; SAM Advanced Management Journal, (Vol. 73, No. 3 - summer) ISSN 0749-7075
- Rahatullah, M, K., Raeside, R., Maktoba, O., (2006); Factors of success for hybrid relationship business development; (2006); Working paper January ISBN 978-1-873869-63-5.
- Rahatullah, M, K., Raeside, R., Maktoba, O., (2006); Success of Franchise Business (2006); The 2nd Biennial Conference of the Academy of World Business and Management Development, Paris July 10-13 2006
- Basmah, Al Qudaiby and Rahatullah, M, K., (2014) Financial Synergy in Mergers and Acquisitions. Evidence from Saudi Arabia; Aestimatio; The IEB International Journal of Finance, spring 2014 issue 9: 2-19
- AsSabban, N; AsSabban Y., and Rahatullah, M, K., (2014) Exploring Corporate Social Responsibility Practices in Saudi Family Owned Businesses, International Journal of Research Studies in Management; Vol. 3, Issue 2; Print ISSN: 2243-7770 Online ISSN: 2243-7789; DOI:
- Shaima B., and Rahatullah, M, K., (2014) Ranking the Saudi Arabian Banks on Size and Equity, Terengganu International Finance and Economics Journal; University of Terrengganu; Vol. 4, Issue 2
- Al Saud Abeer A and Rahatullah, M. K., (2013); Role of Social Media in Brand Development in Saudi Arabia, European Journal of Business and Economics, Vol. 8, issue 1,
ISSN/EISSN: 18045839 18049699.
- Performed review of numerous articles for renowned journals in entrepreneurship and strategy fields. Performed reviews for journals and conferences including following:
- Member of Editorial Review Board of following journals
Performed review for numerous journals and conferences, including:
- § ICIE2017 - ICIE - 5th International Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship 2017
- 4/25/2017 to 4/27/2017 at Multimedia University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- IJLE (International Journal of Leadership in education).
- Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship Development.
- Issues in Business Management and Economics.
- Service Industries Journal.
- European Management Review.
- Prince Sultan University Journal– Saudi Arabia.
- ICIE 2016 – ICIE - 4th International Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship 2016. April 28 and 29 at Ryerson University, Toronto Canada.
- International Conference on Islamic Finance, 2016 Effat University.
- Learning and Technology Symposium, Effat University.
- Ministry of Higher Education Saudi Arabia Research Conference – Effat University Reviewer.
Supervised more than 30 under and post graduate students in areas of branding, marketing communications, HRM, Strategy, Entrepreneurship including women start-ups and funding, entrepreneurial funding models, Training and development, Compensation etc.