The 19th International Learning and Technology Conference
Space Exploration and AI
24th January 2022
21st Jumadah II, 1443
Effat University, Jeddah, KSA
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia famously put Sultan bin Salman Al-Saud into orbit in 1985, making him the first Arab in outer space. Last October 2020, the Saudi Space Commission organized the first “Space Economy Leader Meeting” of the G20 countries stressing the importance of the space economy and its contribution to the global economy, stability, and space collaboration for peaceful purposes. Currently, the Kingdom has two satellites “Shaheen“ used for photography and maritime tracking purposes, and “CubeSat”, the first satellite to be made by Saudi Arabia, to communicating with small and large satellites, and the International Space Station.
For the first time since the launching of the Learning and Technology Conference in 2003, Effat University is opening its doors to the global space community to discover space innovation and the infusion of Artificial Intelligence (AI) into space exploration.
The effect of AI on society and space exploration is increasing, creating exciting new challenges and venues for everyone. From data transmission, visual data analytics, navigation, spacecraft operations, earth observation, micro-mini satellites, robotics, and healthcare, AI is making space research, exploration, technology, and healthcare much more efficient. Experiments and observations in space require the analysis of massive quantities of data and AI is one of the most effective methods for handling and processing large amounts of data.
The 19th International Learning and Technology Conference aims to be a meeting point for specialists in Space and Artificial Intelligence to explore recent breakthroughs and discoveries. The conference will bring together decision-makers, scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, educators, agencies in the field of AI and Space Exploration, and top keynote speakers to stimulate discussion covering the latest on Space Exploration and AI applications, innovations, and discoveries.
Join us and explore new collaboration opportunities, cultivate your social and knowledge networks, and compliment your core experience!
The 19th International Learning and Technology Conference (L&T 2022) themes may include, but are not limited to the following:
Space Exploration and AI
- Artificial Intelligence for Simulation and Design Space Exploration
- Machine Learning For Space and Planetary Exploration
- Advanced Computing for Novel Instruments and Improved Space Operations
- Intelligent and Autonomous Spacecraft
- Data Analytics and Big Data
- Software Reliability for Mission-Critical Applications and Safety of Life
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality Applications
- Human Factors and Ergonomics in Space Exploration
Human-Robot Interactions (HRI)
- Vision and Learning for Space Robotics
- Robotic Manufacturing and Assembly of Large Space Structures
- Virtual, Augmented, and Mixed Reality for Human-Robot Interaction
- Human-Robot Medical Interaction
- Natural Language Generation for HRI
Healthcare and Telemedicine
- Space Technologies for Public Health Purposes
- Space Medicine in Prevention and Treatment of diseases
- Telemedicine in Interplanetary Missions and on the Earth
- AI in Healthcare
Networking, Communication, and Cybersecurity
- Space Networking
- Cybersecurity in Space Exploration
- Communication and Networking
- Satellite and Space Communications
- Fault-Tolerant Space Processing, Memory, and Storage
- AI and Learning-based Satellite Communications and IoT
Innovative in Learning Methodologies
- AI and Learning during the Pandemic
- AI and Data Visualization
- Predicting SLOs through AI
- Vision and learning for astronomy, astrobiology, and cosmology
Submission formatr and guidelines
Authors are requested to submit their papers electronically using the online conference system EasyChair. If you have used this system before, you may use the same login details. If this is your first time using EasyChair, you will need to create an EasyChair Account at https://easychair.org/account/signup.cgi. Upon completion of registration, you will receive a notification email from EasyChair, after which you will need to log in and submit your paper in pdf format.
Submissions should be sent to the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=19thltconference2022
Please follow the Elsevier format for structuring paper submissions:
- Full Paper: maximum of 8 pages
All papers will be reviewed through a blind review process.
Accepted papers will be published in Procedia Computer Science (Elsevier) - SCOPUS Indexed, of which the three best peer-reviewed papers will be awarded a full scholarship (includes travel, accommodation, and visa fee) to present at the conference.
Please direct any questions to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org