Call for Research Poster Session
poster represents a great opportunity for researchers and students to
present their preliminary results of works in progress or projects
summarizing information or research concisely and attractively to help
publicize it and generate discussion. The poster is usually a mixture of
a brief text mixed with tables, graphs, pictures, and other
presentation formats. Poster sessions allow for engagement in informal
discussions about the work with interested participants and for getting
to know the community, especially for first-time presenters. Hence, you
are invited to participate in the Poster Sessions of The 4th Memaryat International Conference: Designing for the Desert that
explores the ways in which politicians, planners, engineers, interior
designers, and architects develop, exploit, transform, urbanize, and
respond to the underground and over ground territories of the worlds'
major deserts both hot and cold.. Your poster should address one of the
- Integrated Design for Challenging Climatic Conditions
- The Futuristic Desert City
- Urban Morphology and Planning Strategies
- Adaptive Design Solutions
- Landscape Architecture in Desert Context
- Materials Suitability and Natural Resources.
- Structural Systems and Adaptive Techniques
Contents and Format
research poster presentation is a dynamic communication tool used to
highlight research results and discuss their significance in an informal
and interactive setting. Consequently, your poster should features a
short title, an introduction to your burning question, an overview of
your novel experimental approach, your amazing results in graphical
form, some insightful discussion of aforementioned results, a listing of
previously published articles that are important to your research.
The poster should be arranged vertically with A1 size (594 x 841 mm).
The organization of the research poster must include the following:
- Title, list of author(s) with an asterisk (*) of the author presenting the poster, affiliation.
- The abstract must be in Arabic or English with no more than 300 words.
- Propose, statement or hypothesis.
- Research methodology.
- Reference list (APA style).
all illustrations neatly and legibly beforehand in a size sufficient to
be read at a distance of 240 cm, lettering should be at least 1cm
- A series of typewritten sheets attached to the poster board is not an acceptable poster
- Final Poster submission should be in Acrobat Format (with a PDF file extension) and maximum file size of 20M
|First Call for Poster ||3rd of October 2019|
|Deadline for Poster Abstract Submission||15th of November 2019|
|Notification of Abstract Acceptance||30th of November 2019|
|Poster Submission||31st of December 2019|
|Notification of Poster Acceptance||15th of January 2020|
|Final Amended Poster Submissions ||30th of January 2020|
|Conference Sessions and Events ||26th - 27th of February 2020|
|Early Bird Registration||Before 15th of January 2020||200 SAR||Free||Free|
|Regular Registration ||After 15th of |
|400 SAR||200 SAR||Free|
should send a copy of their student ID card.
Shipping fees for conference proceedings and certificates shall apply in case
Dr. Mervat El-Shafie
Dean, Effat College of Architecture and Design
Effat University, Jeddah, KSA