Construction and Material Testing Lab (CMT Lab)
Construction and Material Testing Lab is a specialized lab in testing the building materials. This Lab can help researchers, faculty and students of the architectural and the design department to produce a high quality research in building construction. It also conducts tests on materials in accordance with certified Saudi or international standards in this field. As a first phase, this lab will includes the professional testing for two building’s main materials: Concrete and Compressed Earth.
CMT Lab Research Interest
Strength and Durability of Construction Materials
- Concrete tests
- Building maintenance
- Material conservation
Smart Building Materials
- Multi-functional bioreactive facades
- Flexible building components
Low Cost Materials
- Compressed earth construction
- Rammed earth construction
CMT Lab Research Lead
Dr. Abeer Samey
CMT Lab Research Team
- Dr. Sajid Khalifa (DESN Dept.)
- Ahmed Abdelrazik (DESN Dept.)
- Mr. Ahmed Kasab (DESN Dept.)
- Dr. Aida Nayer (ARCH Dept.)
CMT Lab Vision
The CMT Lab is the first choice for testing and inspection by redefining “quality" in the construction material testing by providing the highest quality of construction materials, and consulting services to public and private industry clients and researcher.
CMT Lab Mission
CMT lab will be a regional core that provides professional consultancy with reliable state of new techniques and technologies through art construction materials testing and inspection services, with fast turnaround, supervised by qualified personnel, accurate testing, technical knowledge and assistance.
CMT Lab Goal
Offer smart clarifications to the building construction methods and possibilities.
Objectives, Expected Impact, and Value to the Kingdom vision 2030
- Testing of Harding concrete
- Concrete paste test
- Tensile Testing Machine for Steel Bars and Plates
- Destructive and non-destructive testing of existing reinforced concrete. To evaluate the structure integrity of the reinforced concrete skeleton
Compressed Earth (Performance Development of Compressed Earth Block)
- Investigating and generating a way of disseminating this technology for the region villages to enable the inhabitants to construct their own houses and participating in solving the housing problem in the rural areas and desert settlements.