Effat University's Student Government (SG) is an independent entity in the student body where it represents the students' voice through activities. SG helps in enhancing students on all levels and aspects and it embraces all students' clubs. Student government works to build loyalty between the students and the institution by filling the gaps. Hence, they provide services, meet students' demands, host events, and adopt causes and work to be vital resource for Effaties. Simply, SG is a resource of students for students.
Student Government is a group of individuals responsible for both social and governmental aspects of student life at Effat University. They would be involved in planning of events, and taking care of student concerns.
Student Government is a serious organization that has a lot of responsibilities and power in their hands, which they must use for the good of the student body. We only want people who are committed to working hard, attending meetings, running small committees, and participating in all events. We need leaders.
- Empowerment of students by meeting their following needs
- Emotionally & Spiritually
2. Engagement of Effat University in society and adopt different causes
3. Encourage students to give back to the community and to be socially responsible
Eligibility for Election
To run for Student Government, there are some requirements that need to be met:
- Must have a GPA of at least 2.5.
- No disciplinary problems
- If there are signs of attendance, behavioural, or truancy issues, student will not be allowed to run for office.
We want students who like being involved in our community; therefore, we require that you be involved in at least two Extra-curricular activities. We also reserve the right to require not only attendance, but active participation in Student Government activities to keep your position on the Goverment. Students not meeting expectations will be asked to leave the Government.
Student Body & Staff Support
You need to be someone your classmates respect and trust. You also need to be able to cooperate and work with teachers and administrators. To prove that you have support, on the application attached to this letter, you must collect the signatures of 15 students, 3 teachers who support your nomination and 2 administrators who verify that you are a quality person.
All applications will undergo a screening process by the Office of Student Life to insure that you have met all the requirements. If requirements are met, then you will be notified, so you can start your campaign. We will hold the election at the end of the Spring semester
Fill in the right forms: Nomination forms will be made available for all the students for the elections. Students must know that requirements are subject to change. Students must submit their nomination form in person to a member of the Elections Committee at the SL Office.
Submit your proposal: This will be one side of A4 on which you make your case for yourself. You should submit your porposal in person along with your nomination. You will also be later instructed to email it as a Word document. It will be posted online and distributed to all college stations.
- Applications and proposal submitted
- Election Campaign
- Students Voting
- Announcing the new Effat University Student Government President
- Announcing the new Effat University Student Government Vice-President
Duties and Responsibilities
- Train the new government
- Attending meetings
- Projects for the community of Effat
- Projects for community service
- National Student Council forum
- Representation of Effat University during visits and delegations
- Conduct office hours
- Supervise club projects and performance of leaders
- Team work and communication