Our Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Psychology is a beacon for those seeking an alternative to traditional psychology. As part of a bi-dimensional degree that’s research and community work-based, we incorporate a range of transferable skills to help you with future employment prospects, as well as curricular and extracurricular activities, teaching approaches and methodologies that will emphasize your personal, academic and professional growth.
To aspire achieving Saudi Arabia 2030 vision and become one of the best psychology programs in Saudi Arabia and the world by preparing learners with high quality education, the needed skills, and the positive attitudes that will allow students to examine social and psychological issues in their country and thus promote well-being and serve the community.
To prepare students to be critical thinkers, ethical researchers, compassionate workers, responsible and ambitious people who will contribute to the society's development. Building on the scientific approach in conducting psychological research, students engage in projects that help illuminate the unique Saudi and Muslim cultures in comparison to other cultures. Students are empowered to construct knowledge collaboratively with their culturally diverse mentors and peers in an interactive learning environment.
Please check full details about Psychology program
- Enrich the department's national and international recognition by strengthening its presence in the community and enhancing its active contribution to the fulfillment of the nation's 2030 vision.
- Cultivate a dynamic and collaborative work environment through an effective and inspiring leadership that promotes integrity in managing all the department activities.
- Position the Psychology Department to be recognized among top ranked programs nationally and regionally through rigorous and effective quality processes and procedures that meet the national and international standards.
- Uphold academic excellence in our current bachelors and graduate programs by providing innovative education, and work towards implementing further distinctive and reputable graduate programs.
- Continue to attract high quality students, to cultivate excellence in student development, and to graduate true representatives of Queen Effat's Legacy, who will be effective instruments of change and social and economic wellbeing.
- Promote comprehensive, wide-ranging learning and research activities amongst students, faculty, and admin staff by providing sufficient up-to-date and easily accessible learning resources.
- Equip the Department with appropriate and current facilities, including labs, to fulfill the requirements of academic and personal growth of students, faculty, and staff.
- Contribute to the financial strength and sustainability of the University through diverse fund-generating efforts especially in the fields of research and community projects.
- Enhance efforts to recruit, nurture, and retain a diverse body of faculty and staff in order to make the Effat community a place of choice.
- Cultivate a research environment that supports faculty and students in their efforts to engage in high quality and effective research activities aligned with the Kingdom's research priorities.
- Strengthen the College's relations and interactions with the national and international community through joint endeavors with nationwide and global partners and worthwhile student internships.