Effat College of Engineering offers three
undergraduate programs; Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
and Information Systems. All undergraduate programs are accredited nationally
by the education evaluation commission EEC-HES and internationally by the
accreditation board for engineering and technology ABET. This is to ensure
confidence in our technical education and highest quality of teaching standards
for our students. The electrical and
computer engineering program lasts five years, whereas both computer science
and information systems programs lasts four years.
In Fall 2017, Effat College of Engineering has
launched a master’s of science degree in energy engineering MSc EE. This
program comprises of two main tracks; renewable energy engineering and
petroleum engineering. The masters of
Science in energy engineering lasts two years.
To be recognized as a national leader in providing quality engineering education centered on innovative research and transfer of knowledge and technology for the benefit of society.
The College of Engineering will continue to lead the education of women in engineering in a multidisciplinary and research driven environment, and equip them with comprehensive technical and analytical skills necessary for effectively contributing to national and international development and technological advancement.
- Enhance Effat University's national and international presence through excellence in engineering education, innovative research and technology transfer, and partnerships with both community and industry in alignment with the Saudi vision 2030.
- Provide a work environment conducive for effective learning and sustainable growth of students and faculty, which is achieved through good governance, transparency and strong work ethics.
- Maintain and Expand national and international program accreditation's and benchmarking while adhering to the highest standards of quality in processes and procedures
- Provide students with an exceptional engineering educational experience characterized by innovative program delivery, interactive learning, project-based learning, development of critical and analytical skills, and progressive research opportunities.
- Attract and retain diverse student body by ensuring a holistic learning and lifetime experience, extensive skill and talent development, and ongoing individual support.
- Expand and optimize the use of cutting edge educational resources and effectively integrating technology in the engineering curricula.
- Manage and sustain the state of art facilities, promoting a safe and healthy environment, and complying with national and international accreditation and regulatory bodies.
- Enhance overall financial strength of Effat college of Engineering through effective budgeting, external research funding, training and consultancies.
- Recruit and retain diverse, highly qualified and motivated faculty, researchers, technicians and staff, supporting their professional development.
- Cultivate research environment for the Faculty graduate and under graduate students to produce quality research. Sustain strategic research partnerships, collaborations and relations with national and international research institutions.
- Enhance the partnership with the community and industry through mutual exchanges of expertise, novel contributions to the 2030 vision, and effectively engaging students, faculty and alumnae in the service of society.