Environmental Design of
Buildings Lab (EDoB Lab.)
Lab is to aid the early stages of design for buildings through
providing scale-modelling assessment for different design ideas. This
achieves the required environmental analysis of buildings as part of the
Architectural Consultation Unit. It also covers the students, faculty
and researchers environmental investigations' activities. In addition,
the lab is to be highly utilized as an important part of the
Architecture Program courses ARCH 453- Energy and Design, ARCH 364-Color
and Lighting principles, and mainly all the studios courses.
The EDoB Lab achieved internal and external research funds and published research papers.
EDoB Lab Research
Energy efficiency of
- Thermal performance of buildings
- Renewable energy
- Passive strategies and measures
- Human thermal/visual and acoustic comfort
- Landscape ecology
- Integrative design
EDoB Research Team
- Dr. Abdel-Moniem El-Shorbagy (ARCH Dept.)
- Dr. Haitham Hussein (ARCH Dept.)
- Dr. Alshimaa AlSayed (ARCH Dept.)
- Arch. Maya Kamareddine (ARCH Dept.)
- Dr. Deborah Middleton (DESN Dept.)
- Dr. Sajid Khalifa (DESN Dept.)
EDoB Lab Vision
lab. Aims at establishing a high quality research related to the built
environment that can lead the intelligence of the building industry to
meet the Saudi Vision 2030
EDoB Lab Mission
facilitate the early stages of design for buildings through providing
scale modelling assessment for different design ideas. This achieves the
required environmental analysis of buildings to cover the department's
students, faculty and researchers activities. In addition, this is to be
highly utilized as part of the Architectural Consultation Unit.
EDoB Lab Goal
Provide scientific solutions to the environmental conditions of our time.
Objectives, Expected Impact, and Value to the Kingdom vision 2030
- Provide smart solutions to the environmental
performance of buildings in terms of thermal, visual and acoustic
- Addressing study physical modelling techniques designs and ideas on the
environment and the occupants.
- Contribute to the study of the Environmental
Sustainability of KSA and the use of resources.