Every academic year, Effat University recognizes a student of outstanding academic and personal merit by awarding the Queen Effat Citizenship Award (QECA).
The QECA winner enjoys several privileges and responsibilities, as well as becoming the Student Shura President who acts as 'the voice of the students'. They can make recommendations to the college councils on behalf of the student body.
The following conditions have to be met in order to qualify for the QECA award:
- Student status should be full-time.
- The student should not have any failing grades or Incompletes.
- The student should have a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or above.
- The student should be an active participant in University activities, with full value points per semester.
- The student's performance in her college and on her Student Development Transcript, alongside her participation in co-curricular
- Activities should indicate that she is a proud representative of Effat University and a contributor to the community.
- The student should have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours.
- The student should write a letter addressing the QECA selection committee to nominate herself.
- The student should present two recommendation letters.
- The student should make a presentation before the selection committee to nominate herself.Queen Effat Citizenship Award (QECA) Winner
Student Shura President
The QECA Winner (Shura President) undertakes the role of the head of Student Shura. She should work collaboratively with the Student Government and communicate the opinions of the students to them. Her role is also to communicate the students' opinions in the college councils. She conducts the Chat Café with the students, and the annual meeting with the President.
The QECA Winner should work with representatives from each college.