The Bachelor of Science in Cinematic Arts (B.Sc.CA) is a pioneering program for students who aspire to pursue higher studies in the fields of film production. In the higher education landscape of Saudi Arabia, this program stands as the first and only university degree that graduates qualified professionals to satisfy the market needs for this flourishing industry. Moreover, the Kingdom's Vision 2030 and its renewed and revitalized emphasis on media and entertainment have generated increased demand for creating professional contents in media and film production that inspire the enhancement of a vibrant society. In this social, economic, and political context, Effat University Bachelor of Science in Cinematic Arts program is strategically grounded to become a preeminent program not only in Saudi Arabia but also in the entire Gulf Region.
The program is a professional skill-oriented program that functions in accordance with the best practices in the leading universities in the world. In order to create a balance between skills and theories, the program incorporates a foundational background in the history of cinematic arts, structures of the film and media industry, functions and effects of the media, law and ethics related to cinematic arts, film analysis and criticism, and media research and marketing. The primary goal of the program is to offer an up to date curriculum in the rapidly changing field of media and cinematic arts and to contribute to writing the history of film making in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf.
To build and lead the cinematic art education in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and to compete globally.
The Visual and Digital Production Department is devoted to educating and inspiring the art and entertainment industry leaders of tomorrow by interweaving Effat University Core Values into the theory and practice of the cinematic art discipline.
- Enhance the Bachelor of Science in Cinematic Arts Program's national and international recognition by strengthening its presence through the active contribution to the output of national and international media and film industry.
- Provide an ethical work environment that is conducive to transparency, productivity and innovation through effective leadership and seek and obtain national and international accreditation and ranking.
- Sustain academic excellence by providing high quality education in media and filmmaking that balances between theory and practice and encourage students to be creative and innovative while keeping to their ethics and values.
- Attract and retain students who will graduate as highly skilled professionals in the fields of production, screenwriting, animation and interactive media as future entrepreneurs and agents of change.
- Attract and retain highly qualified professional faculty in the areas of media and film –making and provide faculty and students with state-of–the-art learning resources to ensure having a successful teaching, learning and research environment.
- Provide faculty and students with state-of–the-art classrooms, labs and other facilities and equipment to ensure having a successful teaching, learning and research environment.
The main educational objective of the program is to be at the forefront of preparing graduates who would produce and direct films, animations, and screenplays for Saudi Arabia and for the entire Middle East region. The curriculum has a balanced approach in teaching Cinematic Arts courses with a proper grounding in media theories and principles, research and ethics, and social and global responsibility.
Graduates from the Bachelor of Science in Cinematic Arts Program (B.Sc.CA) are expected to engage nationally and globally within a few years of graduation as:
- Qualified filmmakers, screenwriters, and animators.
- Independent and innovative content designers with the ability to identify problems and provide solutions in cinematic arts industries.
- Leaders who will inspire others in the cinematic arts industries.
- Technically competent designers with strong fundamental understanding and ability to adapt to any pre and post-production workflow.
Graduates with inquiring minds who are able to create competitive intellectual property to stimulate the growth of the cinematic arts industry in KSA.