To build and lead the cinematic art education in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and to compete globally.
The Visual and Digital Production Department is devoted to educating and inspiring the art and entertainment industry leaders of tomorrow by interweaving Effat University Core Values into the theory and practice of the cinematic art discipline.
- To support, as a global and interdisciplinary
department, media production, by enriching the program’s influences in media
and film industry in the community.
an effective leadership and an environment that is conducive to transparency,
innovation, and ethics; gain the national and international accreditation
and standards of ranking; and sustain the financial health of the department
through its offerings, recruitment, marketing and diversity of projects.
on theory and practice to educate, empower, and enable young women to become
caring citizens who value honesty, harness strong work ethics, and have a
commitment to excellence; and provide the required learning and information
resources relevant to the creative program of VDP for optimal effective
teaching and learning.
and enroll high quality students in order to reach the full capacity in the
four tracks of the VDP Program, creating future entrepreneurs in media
and retain highly qualified and motivated academic and administrative staff,
with international credentials and support their professional development in
order to allow them to contribute to the growth of the department.
- Maintain the use of VDP
facilities and equipment for innovative and unique educational environment.
- Encourage all faculty and
students to produce interdisciplinary researches and projects that will align
with the Saudi 2030 vision, within the Department, the University and with
- and develop sustainable relationships and partnerships
with national and international organizations, academia, festivals, and make
relevant contributions to the community to enhance the reputation of the
The objectives of the program are to graduate students who are able to:
- Effectively plan, create, and disseminate sophisticated still images, moving images, audio recordings, and
- Web-based interactive experiences;
- Critically assess still images, moving images, audio recordings, web-based interactive experiences, and
- Social media expression within both a local and global context;
- Collaborate effectively with others;
- Determine the appropriate media tool required for the production/presentation situation.